Agenda for September 8, 2016 Meeting from 9:30-11am at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- Introduction & Welcome
- Jobs at Wynn Boston Harbor (Wynn MA, LC: Robert DeSalvio, Jennie Peterson, John Tocco)
- South Station Air Rights (Chris Keohan, CK Strategies & David Perry, Hines)
- Pedestrian Safety Research Presentation (Debbie Chen, ACDC)
- Friends of the Chinatown Library (Carolyn Rubin)
- One Chinatown Arts Center (Giles Li, BCNC & Nuri Chandler-Smith, Bunker Hill Community College)
Agenda for June 9, 2016 Meeting from 9:30-11am at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- Introduction & Welcome
- CCEP Update: Retail Skills Class – (Mark Liu, Chinese Progressive Association and Shirley Doan, Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center)
- Annissa Essaibi George, Boston City Councilor At-large
- Chinatown Health Needs Assessment (Susan Koch-Weser, Tufts University)
Fresh produce, meats, fish, dairy, baked goods and non-perishable items for your selection.
June 11, 2016 from 2-4pm
July 2, 2016 from 2-4pm
August 13, 2016 from 2-4pm
June 14, 2016 from 11am-1pm
July 12, 2016 from 11am-1pm
August 16, 2016 from 11am-1pm.
Location: Stratford Street United Church, 77 Stratford Street, West Roxbury (corner of Anawan Ave & Stratford Street)
No geographic restriction or requirement.
Please bring a photo ID.
Agenda for May 12, 2016 Meeting from 9:30-11am at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
1) Introduction & Welcome
2) Project Update: Parcel 24 (Angie Liou, Asian Community Development Corporation)
- Angie Liou presented an update as construction on phase 2 of the development just began for the southern portion of the project.
- Probably a 16 month construction job, aiming to be ready by fall of 2017
- Housing lottery applications will come out, probably next spring.
- We regret the impact on parking, as the narrow streets of an urban environment make this a part of the reality of construction.
- If you have concerns or question about parking or other issues, you can contact these:
For job site related issues and logistics:
Bill Caci 617-510-0222
For Chinese assistance:
May Lui 617-482-2380
3) Wendy Lee, Executive Director for South Cove Manor
- Gave an informal presentation and introduction to herself, and to South Cove Manor at Quincy Point.
- This coming May is the 2nd anniversary of that facility.
4) CCEP Update (Marianie Simeon, Chinatown Adult Education Pathway web site designer)
- Asian Resource Fair on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 (http://bit.ly/1SBkxWd)
- Chinatown Atlas website launch event
- Sunday, May 29 at 2:30 and 7:30pm for cultural presentations with dragons, lion dance, folk dance,
- Annual Chinatown Bike-a-Thon on June 18, 2016 as a fundraiser for CPA’s youth program. Support on Fundrise.
- Spring Tea Time for ACCESS on Sunday at 2pm.