Agenda for June 9, 2016 Meeting from 9:30-11am at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- Introduction & Welcome
- CCEP Update: Retail Skills Class – (Mark Liu, Chinese Progressive Association and Shirley Doan, Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center)
- Annissa Essaibi George, Boston City Councilor At-large
- Chinatown Health Needs Assessment (Susan Koch-Weser, Tufts University)
Fresh produce, meats, fish, dairy, baked goods and non-perishable items for your selection.
June 11, 2016 from 2-4pm
July 2, 2016 from 2-4pm
August 13, 2016 from 2-4pm
June 14, 2016 from 11am-1pm
July 12, 2016 from 11am-1pm
August 16, 2016 from 11am-1pm.
Location: Stratford Street United Church, 77 Stratford Street, West Roxbury (corner of Anawan Ave & Stratford Street)
No geographic restriction or requirement.
Please bring a photo ID.
Agenda for May 12, 2016 Meeting from 9:30-11am at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
1) Introduction & Welcome
2) Project Update: Parcel 24 (Angie Liou, Asian Community Development Corporation)
- Angie Liou presented an update as construction on phase 2 of the development just began for the southern portion of the project.
- Probably a 16 month construction job, aiming to be ready by fall of 2017
- Housing lottery applications will come out, probably next spring.
- We regret the impact on parking, as the narrow streets of an urban environment make this a part of the reality of construction.
- If you have concerns or question about parking or other issues, you can contact these:
For job site related issues and logistics:
Bill Caci 617-510-0222
For Chinese assistance:
May Lui 617-482-2380
3) Wendy Lee, Executive Director for South Cove Manor
- Gave an informal presentation and introduction to herself, and to South Cove Manor at Quincy Point.
- This coming May is the 2nd anniversary of that facility.
4) CCEP Update (Marianie Simeon, Chinatown Adult Education Pathway web site designer)
- Asian Resource Fair on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 (http://bit.ly/1SBkxWd)
- Chinatown Atlas website launch event
- Sunday, May 29 at 2:30 and 7:30pm for cultural presentations with dragons, lion dance, folk dance,
- Annual Chinatown Bike-a-Thon on June 18, 2016 as a fundraiser for CPA’s youth program. Support on Fundrise.
- Spring Tea Time for ACCESS on Sunday at 2pm.
Job Posting: BCNC Red Oak After School & Summer Group Leader
The mission of BCNC is to ensure that the children, youth, and families we serve have the resources and supports they need to achieve greater economic success and social well-being. Since our founding in 1969, BCNC has remained committed to being responsive to community needs while striving for excellence in the delivery of holistic, family-centered, culturally and linguistically competent programs. Today, BCNC is one of the largest nonprofit social service providers for Asian American and Asian immigrant families in the Greater Boston region, serving over 2,000 children, youth, and adults each year at 3 locations in Boston and Quincy. BCNC serves families through programs through: Child Care & Enrichment Programs, Education & Workforce Initiatives, and Family & Community Engagement.
Red Oak is a licensed school-age child care program which provides care for to over 100 children in Chinatown and neighboring communities. Red Oak provides after school learning opportunities, including homework help, arts, literacy and recreational opportunities. Red Oak is open after school and full days during school vacations, summer and Boston Public School professional days. Continue reading ‘Job Posting: BCNC Red Oak After School & Summer Group Leader’