Asian Health Symposium, Friday, Oct 16
Would you like an opportunity for community-building, networking, and learning about research conducted in Boston’s Chinatown? Don’t miss Together, Strengthening the Health of Chinatown: An Asian Health Symposium.
This exciting event, free and open to all, is hosted by the Addressing Disparities in Asian Populations Through Translational Research (ADAPT) Program and will include:
- A sneak peek at the first systematic survey of Chinatown residents
- Representatives from community non-profits discussing research projects that involve their organizations
- A discussion about developing a community-driven health agenda for Boston’s Chinatown.
- A light breakfast and lunch.
Friday, October 16, 8:30AM-3:00PM
Arthur M. Sackler Center for Medical Education, Room 114
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston MA
Please register to attend.
Click here for a flyer for this event. For more info, click here.
Parcel 12 Community Visioning – Debbie Chen, ACDC
- Priority development site in Chinatown Masterplan
- 30,000 sq. ft
- 250 feet max height
- Held 3 workshops in August
- Discuss zoning, financing
- Besides housing, what other uses would the community like?
- Interactive building exercise
- Build your parcel 12 vision – 9/15 3:30-5:30pm @ Chinatown Gate, 9/26 Oak Street Fair 11AM
- Parcel 12 Community Visioning Meeting – 9/23 6:15PM @ Josiah Quincy School Cafeteria
ATASK CCEP Update on Adult Education – Cristina Ayala
- Only domestic violence organization to serve the Asian American community in New England
- Safe environment for clients, flexible schedule, free
- Beginner levels
- Twice a week, 3 hours a day
- Many clients in the customer service industry, about half are employed
- Average age in the 30s
- Most from China, Vietnam, Cambodia
- Using online tool from Education First
- Funded privately
- 30 enrolled students through the calendar year