The Asian American Civic Association (AACA) provides limited English speaking and economically disadvantaged people with education, occupational training and social services enabling them to realize lasting economic self-sufficiency.
Part-Time, Temporary Position Available: ESOL Math Instructor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teach math class (decimals, fractions, percents, whole #s, including elementary algebra) to a diverse group of adult learners. Class will be 3 hours per week for an estimated 14 weeks (Jan-April, 2016). Days and time to be determined (likely on a weekday morning or early afternoon.
* Develop, adapt and deliver high-quality lessons that align with the DESE college and career readiness standards for math, with the goal of improving students’ scores on the ACCUPLACER community college math placement test.
* Keep daily/weekly attendance records.
* Provide formative and summative assessments that meet DESE standards.
* Provide information on students’ progress/issues to Director of Education for monthly reports.
* Demonstrated experience teaching math to immigrant adults.
* Able to meet students where they are in a multi-level math classroom.
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
* Able to fully commit to a weekly teaching/prep schedule Jan-Apr, 2016.
* Familiarity with DESE college and career readiness standards for math strongly preferred.
* Dedicated, flexible self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: $25/hr (teaching plus 1:1 prep time). No benefits.
To apply, send resume and cover letter by Jan. 2, 2016 to:
Asian American Civic Association
87 Tyler Street, 5th floor
Boston, MA 02111