TCC Meeting April 14, 2016
Attendees: Anita Mourina, Ying Xue, Bet Har Wong-Chan, Sara Brown, DB Reiff, Pasang Drolma, Christopher Blackler, Annie Chin-Louie, Debby Wiesen, Mark Liu, Kun Chang, Connie Cheng, Jing Qiu, Huiling Chen, Angie Liou, Kate Chang, Fred Bennett, Sherry Dong, Enoch Liao, Helen Chin-Schlitche, Christina Ayala.
- Introductions & Welcome
- ACCESS Update – Pasang Drolma, Executive Director of ACCESS introduced herself and presented some recent developments in their programming and plans.
- Chinatown Library Update – Mark Liu presented on behalf of the Chinatown Library Committee. Call to action to send letters of support to the Mayor thanking him for his support and to urge him to consider the China Trade Center site for the feasibility study for a potential library location.
- International Institute of New England – Anita Mourino introduced herself and IINE to the community. They’re moving into the China Trade Center, and also using space in AACA.
- Pathways to Success – Fred Bennett presented on behalf of BCNC and CCEP the adult education pathways towards academic or career success.
- Boston City Councilor Esaibi-George, was to present, but we had to reschedule to a future meeting.
- Job Fair Announcement: April 27, 2016, 11am-1pm at SEIU 32BJ District Union Hall, 26 West Street, Boston, MA 02111. With almost 40 employers represented. Encourage people to come with resumes. RSVP at http://aaca-boston.org/jobfairsignup/. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.