Agenda for May 12, 2016 Meeting from 9:30-11am at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
1) Introduction & Welcome
2) Project Update: Parcel 24 (Angie Liou, Asian Community Development Corporation)
- Angie Liou presented an update as construction on phase 2 of the development just began for the southern portion of the project.
- Probably a 16 month construction job, aiming to be ready by fall of 2017
- Housing lottery applications will come out, probably next spring.
- We regret the impact on parking, as the narrow streets of an urban environment make this a part of the reality of construction.
- If you have concerns or question about parking or other issues, you can contact these:
For job site related issues and logistics:
Bill Caci 617-510-0222
For Chinese assistance:
May Lui 617-482-2380
3) Wendy Lee, Executive Director for South Cove Manor
- Gave an informal presentation and introduction to herself, and to South Cove Manor at Quincy Point.
- This coming May is the 2nd anniversary of that facility.
4) CCEP Update (Marianie Simeon, Chinatown Adult Education Pathway web site designer)
- Asian Resource Fair on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 (http://bit.ly/1SBkxWd)
- Chinatown Atlas website launch event
- Sunday, May 29 at 2:30 and 7:30pm for cultural presentations with dragons, lion dance, folk dance,
- Annual Chinatown Bike-a-Thon on June 18, 2016 as a fundraiser for CPA’s youth program. Support on Fundrise.
- Spring Tea Time for ACCESS on Sunday at 2pm.