TCC Executive Committee meets on Thursday, October 17, 2013.
TCC Members’ Meeting set for Thursday, November 14, 2013.
Archive for the 'Dates' Category
TCC Executive Committee meets on Thursday, October 17, 2013.
TCC Meeting Notes: October 9, 2008
9:00 AM, meeting at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
Attendees: Beverly Wing, Chin-Wen Lee, Chutze Chou, Debbie Ho, Elaine Ng, Enoch Liao, Jane Leung, Janelle Chan, Kerry McGowan, Kye Liang, Lisette Le, May Lui, Nilushka Nethisinghe, Sarah Cluggish, Sherry Dong, Sue Kim, Weijie Huang
Facilitate Coalition Assessment: Nilushka Nethisinghe from The Medical Foundation facilitated the coalition assessment.
Exec will coordinate with Nilushka about returning with the analysis at a future meeting.
Chinatown Master Plan 2010 Oversight Committee: Kye Leung of the Chinatown Gateway Coalition is looking for 13 members to serve on the Master Plan 2010 Oversight Committee to steer the process.
- Sue Kim announced a BRA Public Meeting on Chinatown Zoning on Tuesday, October 14, 2008. For more information go to http://www.cityofboston.gov/bra/default.asp.
- Chinatown Trust Accepting Proposals. Contact David Moy or Bill Moy for more information.
- Hudson Street Reunion for all who lived on Hudson Street and may have been displaced.
- Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008
- Time: 2:00-5:00 PM
- Location: 18 Hudson Street
- Contact Janelle Chan for more info (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Next Meeting: Thursday, November 13, 2008 @ BCNC 4th floor Conference Room
Chinatown 2010 Master Plan Oversight Committee
The Chinatown Gateway Coalition is seeking 13 individuals to serve on the Chinatown 2010 Master Plan Oversight Committee. The Chinatown 2010 Master Plan is a community-led initiative to create a planning document to guide the future growth of the Chinatown community. As part of the Oversight Committee, members will oversee the planning process and identify the goals and priorities of the community. Applicants are asked to make a 2-year commitment to the project and attend at least one monthly committee meeting. To serve on the Chinatown 2010 Master Plan Oversight Committee, applicants must meet one of the following criteria to serve on the Oversight Committee:
- Be a resident, property owner, or business operator in Chinatown as defined by the Chinatown Neighborhood Council boundaries.
- Represent a local community agency, association, or affiliation that serves the Chinatown community.
Applicants that meet one of the above 2 criteria will then be evaluated based on experience, availability, and interest. Applicants should submit a letter of intent with name, address, and why you would like to serve on the Oversight Committee along with this completed form. A copy of this form can be downloaded from www.chinatowngateway.org Deadline for submission is October 17, 2008.
Agency: (if applicable) ____________________________________________________
Return to: BCNC, c/o Chinatown Gateway Coalition, 885 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111 or email: email@example.com.
The Chinatown Master Plan 2010 project is a 2-year community-led initiative to create a master planning process and document to guide the future development of the Chinatown community. The project was made possible by funding provided by foundation(s) to the Chinatown Gateway Coalition to support this project.
The purpose of the Chinatown Master Plan 2010 is to propose a plan for managing the Chinatown community’s growth for the next decade. Since the publication of the Chinatown Community Plan of 1990 and an updated version in 2000, the Chinatown community face new challenges that were not addressed in the previous plans. Since 1990, when the first Chinatown Master Plan was published, the Chinese American population in Massachusetts has grown by 110% in 2004. Chinatown serves as a center for the larger Asian American community in the Greater Boston area and the growth of this population has created new demands on Chinatown’s public infrastructures, housing, social services, recreational space, and economic opportunities. In addition, recent land developments built in the past decade in Chinatown has altered the community’s landscape and demographics. The Chinatown Master Plan 2010 will seek to balance these forces and create a vision to guide Chinatown’s future growth.
The study area is the Chinatown community as defined by the boundaries of the Chinatown Neighborhood Council. The northern boundaries include: West Street, De Lafayette Avenue, and Bedford Street. The eastern boundaries include: Surface Artery/Albany Street and the Chinatown Gateway/South Bay Special Study area as identified in the Chinatown Master Plan 1990. The southern boundary is East Berkeley Street and the western boundary Tremont and Charles Street. (Download: Map of Chinatown Neighborhood Council boundaries.)
Goals and Objectives
• Assessment: The project will assess the accomplishment of the major goals and priorities as identified in the 1990 and 2000 Master Plans, demographic changes to the community in the last decade, and challenges to implementing the plan.
• Data Collection: The project will identify potential development opportunities, gather data on demographics, social services, health services, traffic studies, conduct focus groups, and interview key community members.
• Community Outreach: The project will seek to create a unified community vision for the future sustainable development of Chinatown. The project will provide consistent and regular updates on the progress of the project to the community and engage community members in the planning process.
• Political Advocacy: The project will advocate with government agencies and elected-officials to implement a plan of action based on the goals and priorities outlined in the Chinatown Master Plan 2010.
The Chinatown Master Plan 2010 is a 2-year project starting from July 1, 2008 and estimated to end June 30, 2010.
The Chinatown Master Plan 2010 is a 2-year effort to create a vision and plan of action for Chinatown’s future growth. At the end of the 2-year project, a Chinatown Master Plan 2010 report will be published and made available to the public.
Here are the scheduled meeting dates for The Chinatown Coalition for September 2008 through July 2009. You can also download a PDF of the TCC Meetings 2008-2009.
TCC General Meetings
September 11, 2008
October 9, 2008
November 13, 2008
December 11, 2008
January 8, 2009
February 12, 2009
March 12, 2009
April 9, 2009
May 14, 2009
June 11, 2009
July 9, 2009
No August Meeting
TCC Executive Committee Meetings
September 24, 2008
October 29, 2008
November 19, 2008
December 17, 2008
January 28, 2009
February 25, 2009
March 25, 2009
April 29, 2009
May 27, 2009
June 24, 2009
July 29, 2009
August 26, 2009
Below are the dates of the Executive Committee Meetings for the year 07-08. The Executive Committee meets 2 weeks before the regularly scheduled TCC Meeting. If you or your organization would like to be on the next TCC Meeting agenda or have an issue that is appropriate for discussion at the next meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCC Meeting Exec Meeting
Thurs, September 13 Wed, August 29
Thurs, October 11 Wed, September 26
Thurs, November 8 Wed, October 24
Thurs, December 13 Wed, November 28
Thurs, January 10 Wed, December 26
Thurs, February 14 Wed, January 30
Thurs, March 13 Wed, February 27
Thurs, April 10 Wed, March 26
Thurs, May 8 Wed, April 23
Thurs, June 12 Wed, May 28
Thurs, July 10 Wed, June 25